Hotline.ie 2020 Annual Report
Hotline.ie has released it’s 2020 Annual Report – Break the Cycle one report at a time
Hotline.ie is the Irish national reporting centre where members of the public can securely, anonymously, and confidentially report concerns in respect of illegal content online, especially child sexual abuse material (CSAM). The removal of child sexual abuse images and videos from the Internet is the core of their work.
Key figures and findings released by Hotline.ie in their latest Annual Report include:
· 1 in 4 public reports led to hundreds and thousands of online child sexual abuse material;
· 142% increase in child sexual abuse material which appeared to be self-generated images or videos;
· 1 in 2 child sexual abuse sources included video content, marking a 55% increase in child sexual abuse video content over 2019 figures of same;
· 78% of all child sexual abuse identified by Hotline.ie in 2020 showed pre-pubescent children estimated age 4 to 12 years, whilst 7% showed children estimated age 3 and younger, and 15% pubescent children aged 13 to 16 years;
· 42% of child sexual abuse reports were found to be indicative of a commercial nature (commercial CSAM refers to material which in our professional opinion appears to have been produced or it is being used for the purpose of financial gain by the distributor).
Read the full 2020 Annual Report here.
What can you do?
1 You can help: if you suspect it, report it!
It takes 60 seconds to make an anonymous report to Hotline.ie
2 Join us in the fit, support us in our mission, become a member.
3 Keep listening, keep learning, speak up.
4 Be an advocate